Hello, and welcome to the Boy Scout Troop 191 webpage!
We are located in King George, Virginia, and are part of the great Mattaponi District of the National Capital Area Council. Our Troop has been chartered by the King George Ruritan Club since 1954 and meets in the King George American Legion Hall on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m.
The Troop is run by a team of Boy Scouts (Patrol Leaders) and Adult Leaders (Scoutmasters) and is supported by a Troop Committee made up of Adult Leaders and Parents.
Troop 191 is very active throughout the entire year and some highlights are:
- Conduct monthly campouts and / or hikes including participation in District Camp-o-ree’s.
- Travel to Bashore summer camp in Pennsylvania every summer as well as several high adventure camps including Philmont Scout Reservation, Sea Base, Northern Tier, and New River on a rotating basis.
- Conduct a quarterly Court of Honor to recognize Scout Advancement to include Merit Badges earned as well as other accomplishments
- Participate in various Community Service Projects including Scouting for Food, Luminary, and Relay for Life.
- Conduct two fundraisers for the year: Trails-End Popcorn sales and a Mulch Sale.
Feel free to stop by one of our meetings or contact our Scoutmaster by clicking on the "Contact Our Troop" link above.
Yours in Scouting,
If you are a Scout in the Troop but you cannot access the private website, contact the scout Webmaster.
For questions or comments please contact the Web Coordinator.
For questions or comments regarding Mulch sales please contact the Mulch Coordinator