Website: http://troop303marlborough.ScoutLander.com Facebook: bsa troop303 marlborough, massachusetts usa
Committee Chair: Don Matchinski ScoutMaster: Dennis Mauro Scoutmaster E-Mail
Advancement Chair: David Dichmann Treasurer: Diane O’Leary
Assistant Scout Masters: Andy Bennett, Jay Harvey, Chris Silva, Mike Miller,
Reserve Assistant Scout Masters: Michael Bennett, Tim Mauro, Ryan Miller
1. Provide an opportunity for the boys to grow and socialize in a productive environment
2. Learn, and put into practice, leadership and team-building skills that will last a lifetime
3. Experience the pleasures that camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities can offer
4. Learn self-sufficiency skills such as food preparation, first aid, outdoor living, and confidence
Number of Chartered Scouts in Troop: Troop 303 has been chartered at the Marlboro Moose Lodge since 2005 and presently has approximately 35 (ages 11 - 17) scouts.We have had 21 Scouts achieve the rank of Eagle with 2 Scouts actively working on the Rank of Eagle.
1. The “Scout Year” lasts from September thru July the following year.
2. Troop meetings occur every Monday at the Marlborough Moose Lodge (7:00 pm -8:00 pm).
The purpose of these meetings is to plan for outings, work on merit badges, conduct rank
advancement, get out information, and/or host guest speakers. Once a month, in place of
Troop meetings, we try to schedule a fun event (e.g. swimming, rock climbing, etc.).
3. Once a month (except December) we have a camping and/or hiking event (we encourage
participation but understand there are other activities happening in the Scout’s life).
4. Approximately three times a Scout Year we host a Court of Honor where Scouts are recognized
for their achievements (e.g. merit badges, rank advancement, etc.).
2017 – 2018 Scout Outing Schedule:
September 21st – 23rd –Canoeing and Camping, Saco River – Saco Bound Camp - Fryeburg, Me
October 5th – 8th – Mass Jam,Barnstable County Fair Grounds - Falmouth , MA
November 16th – 18th Mount Manadnock Hike - Camp Wanocksett, Dublin,NH
December 17th – Troop Court of Honor /Pot Luck
January 11th– 13th – Ski Trip - Mount Snow - West Dover, VT
February 1st– 3rd Klondike Derby / Camp Resolute - Bolton, MA
March 22nd - 24th – Cabin Camping at Treasure Valley - Rutland, MA
April – 26th - 28th - Mountain Biking, NH
May - 17th – 19th - Hiking – TBD
June – 14th – 16th - Biking - NEW LOCATION
June 17th- Troop Court of Honor / Pot Luck
July 28th – August 2nd –Summer Camp – Camp Resolute – Bolton, MA
Fundraising:We do NOT fund raise; instead we ask that Scouts pay $70.00 dues for the Scout Year
Parent Participation: We encourage,and welcome, parental participation at all events! Visit the BSA website!