Cub Scout Uniform
We're sure many of you new to Cub Scouting have questions about the uniforms. Our pack committee and leaders encourage all the boys to have a complete Cub Scout uniform, but realize it's not always possible for every family to have the means to provide one.
As a pack, we would hope each boy would have at least:
- Class 'A' shirt with insignia
- Neckerchief and slide appropriate to rank
- Official web belt
The Cub Scout uniform has thefollowing parts:
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket. - **We reccomend that you purchase a short sleeve shirt, with "room to grow."
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue dress pants, or blue jeans.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.
- Neckerchief- Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Cubs, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
- Cap (optional for our pack)—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tiger Cubs; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo.
(From the Boy Scout Uniform Inspection Guide)
Scouts Official Placement of Insignia!
Scouters Official Placement of Insignia!
Class B Uniform
Class B Uniform is our Pack's T-shirt or any Cub Scout Camp T-shirt.
Pack T-Shirts are ordered through thepack.
To Purchase Uniforms
Troy BSA Scout Shop
1155 Long Lake Road
Troy, MI 48085
Mondays–Fridays 9:00 - 6:00
Saturdays 9:00 - 1:00
Dauch Scout Center
1776 West Warren Avenue
Detroit, MI 48208-2215
Monday –Friday 9:00 - 6:00
Saturday 9:00 - 1:00
Blue Water Council Scout Service Center
Port Huron, MI 48060
Monday – Friday 9:00 - 5:00
Why Do We Wear Uniforms?
The Boy Scouts of America has always been a uniformed body. There are many reasons for this. One reason stands out above all the rest. We wear the uniform because it is a means of identifying ourselves openly with the principles to which we are committed-character development, citizenship training, and physical and mental fitness.
The fact that youth and adult members of Scouting wear a uniform doesn't mean that we're all alike. Wecome from different ethnic and racial backgrounds. We have our own religious beliefs and political views. We are each individuals with our own family traditions and loyalties. So the uniform is not intended to hide our individuality. But it is a way we give each other strength and support. It is abond that ties us together in spite of our differences. It is a way of making visible our commitment to a belief in God, loyalty to country, and to helping other people.
The Scouting movement is built on positive values. As we wear the uniform, we are openly identifying ourselves with those values where everyone can see us. We stand together, not alone, in encouraging others to live by those same principles. Boys and adults alike should take pride in belonging to such a movement and wear the uniform as it is intended.